WANTED IN KING COUNTY - UPDATE: 28 -year-old Tyrone Dixon surrendered and appeared in King County Superior Court on December 21, 2020. His next court date is January 25, 2021.
He was wanted in King County for 1ST Degree Organized Retail Theft.
He's accused of stealing jewelry cases from Kohl's department stores up and down the West Coast.
Detectives say he heisted more than $25,000 worth of jewelry from the Kohl's in Covington last year, hitting the same store twice within days and being recognized by the store's corporate security team as the same suspect who stole jewelry cases from a Kohl's in California.
"He would clip that cable that secures the jewelry display cases to the countertop. To most customers he just looked like an empty- handed shopper until he flees the store with an armload of stolen merchandise valued in the thousands," said King County Sheriff’s Sgt. Tim Meyer.
His criminal history includes:
- Felony protection order violation (Pierce County)
- Residential Burglary (King County)
- Retail Theft with Special Circumstances 3rd Degree (Spokane County)
- Theft 1st Degree (King County)
- Theft 3rd Degree – 3 counts (1 in City of Tukwila, 2 in King County)
- Identity Theft 2nd Degree (Pierce County)
- Possessing Stolen Property – Access Device 2nd Degree (King County)
He’s also wanted in:
- Olympia – Theft 3rd Degree charge
- Tukwila – Theft 3rd Degree charge
- Renton – Assault 4th Degree
- Thurston County – Aiming or Discharging Firearm and Assault 4th Degree/Reckless Endangerment