SPOKANE, Wash. (AP) — The Pasco police officers who shot an orchard worker to death on a city street did not violate department policies and procedures.
That's the conclusion of an internal investigation of the Feb. 10 shooting that was released on Wednesday.
Pasco Police Chief Robert Metzger says officers Adam Wright and Adrian Alaniz will return to work immediately. The third officer involved in the incident, Ryan Flanagan, has since left the department.
The independent report was completed by the Police Policy Studies Council of Spofford, New Hampshire.
It determined that 35-year-old Antonio Zambrano-Montes controlled much of his interaction with the officers, and their use of deadly force was consistent with police department policy.
The Franklin County prosecutor earlier determined that he would not charge the police officers with any crime.
After the prosecutor's decision was announced earlier this month, state Attorney General Bob Ferguson said Gov. Jay Inslee had asked him to review the prosecutor's charging decision.
"We will begin our review immediately," Ferguson said. "That being said, it is too soon to anticipate who long this review might take. I am committed to conducting a full and fair review of this matter."
Multiple videos of the shooting have popped up online. Q13 FOX News has not linked to the video because it is extremely graphic. But here is a link to the video if you wish to view it.