The following positions are open at Q13 FOX (KCPQ-TV), Q13FOX.com and JOEtv (KZJO-TV) in Seattle, Washington:
Digital Content Creator (Regular, Full Time): We're hiring a Digital Content Creator to be part of our next-level team at Q13 KCPQ in Seattle WA. Reporting to the Executive Producer of Digital, the Digital Content Creator will be laser-focused on telling stories that matter most to digital and social users-- and doing it better than anyone else. Does this sound like you? You're smart, fast on your feet, team-oriented and full of energy. You're an expert in digital and social media platforms. You know a big story when you hear it. You're obsessed with details. Nothing gets past you. You have a zero-tolerance policy for grammatical errors. You could copy edit in your sleep (but you won't— we promise). You love a fast-paced, challenging environment and crave the chance to learn new things. You've got goals, which you strive to meet and exceed (all of them). You thrive in a competitive, fearless culture of creativity and expertise. What you do matters, and you're out to make a difference. Most of all, you want to win. Every. Single. Day. The person we're looking for lives and breathes digital news and information, and is driven by an intense passion for storytelling. If that's you, your dream team awaits.
RESPONSIBILITIES: Create compelling, UX-focused content related to news, events and topics relevant to local users and beyond, including text stories, photos/graphics, live streaming content, breaking news, and social media elements. Engage and build loyalty among communities. Serve as liaison to newsroom, ensuring digital and social dominance. Reach and engage users on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat and beyond. Use social listening and analytics tools like Crowd Tangle, Google Analytics, Chartbeat and Share Rocket to make informed editorial decisions. Work with Group Content Team and other FTS markets to distribute high-interest stories at scale. Follow group standards. Monitor real-time analytics. Other duties as deemed necessary and assigned.
REQUIREMENTS: 3+ years’ experience developing and publishing content, including news, on digital and social platforms preferred. BA/BS degree, preferably in Journalism, Communications or related field with emphasis on digital publishing. Excellent writer and storyteller. Superior news judgement. Impeccable writing and copy editing skills. Overwhelming attention to detail. Thrive under deadline pressure. Stellar communication skills. Social media expert. Proficient in content management systems, video publishing, live streaming, and digital analytics tools. Video and photo editing experience (Adobe products a plus). Candidate must be able to work flexible hours; early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays may be required.
About FTS Digital: FOX Television Stations (FTS) Digital, the digital arm of one of the nation's largest owned & operated TV station groups, is committed to being the digital leader in Live, News and Sports. We invest in the very best people, technology and ideas, and we’re here to drive transformation of traditional media to exciting heights. We’re looking for creative, innovative leaders who are passionate about digital and crave a challenge. We’re all in. Are you? Let’s go! Click Here to Apply
Newscast Director (Regular, Full Time): Q13 Fox and JOEtv, the Fox owned and operated doupoly in Seattle, WA, are hiring a newscast director. The candidate must have experience using both manual and automated professional broadcast switchers to direct live newscasts, newsbreaks, programs and specials. This will include automation coding in I-News show rundowns to coordinate all shots and cues. This position requires someone who has a strong ability to lead a production team, audio operator, teleprompter and robotic cameras as well as field camera crews. Must also have experience in coding newscasts for our automated control room switching.
A minimum of two years' experience directing and/or technical directing on-air for live news programming required. Experience using both manual and automated professional broadcast switchers is required. Ability to operate a broad range of production equipment, including character generators, audio consoles, robotic camera equipment and Ross Overdrive control room automation is desired. Lighting design experience is also a plus. Candidate must be able to work flexible hours; early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays may be required. Must be a leader who is proactive, creative, takes initiative, reacts quickly, projects a positive attitude, and keeps their composure during stressful situations. College degree preferred. Click Here to Apply
Evening Newscast Producer (Regular, Full Time): Q13 KCPQ and JOEtv KZJO the Fox duopoly in Seattle WA, are hiring a producer for our evening newscasts. The candidate must produce a timely and compelling newscast that is editorially and visually dynamic. Participate and help lead in the editorial process. May be required to produce content/newscasts for news specials, and possibly field produce. Assign stories for associate producers and ENG staff with video production. Must be able to complete simple desk top editing and use templates to produce graphics. Utilizes a variety of storytelling techniques and tools to showcase stories in unique ways. Must have strong knowledge of social media and be able to incorporate and showcase content from multiple platforms into newscast. Have exceptional news judgment, strong writing and copy editing abilities.
We are looking for a competitor who can collaborate with the staff to perform at the highest levels every day. Must be able to work in fast-paced environment under specific time constraints while demonstrating exceptional creativity. Must be self-motivated and work productively on a team. Will work closely with news management to continually evolve newscasts. Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or Communications preferred. Minimum 2 years working in a major market newsroom as a producer or smaller market news manager. Candidate must be able to work flexible hours; early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays may be required. Click Here to Apply
Executive Producer (Regular Full-Time, Mornings): Oversee and manage news personnel; assignment editors, writers, producers, editors, anchors, reporters, digital. Must be able to produce a timely and compelling newscast that is editorially and visually dynamic. Participate and lead in the editorial process. Occasionally, produce content/newscasts in the newsroom, in the field and for news specials. Other duties as deemed appropriate and assigned by the news director and/or assistant news director. Strong communication skills and the ability to develop and assemble content on multiple platforms. Must have strong knowledge of social media and be able to incorporate and showcase content from multiple platforms into newscast. Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or Communications and four years’ recent experience in a newsroom as a senior news producer or executive producer. Have exceptional news judgment, strong writing and copy editing abilities.
We are looking for a competitor who can challenge the staff to perform at their highest levels every night. Must be able to work in fast paced environment under specific time constraints; exceptionally creative. Must be able to think out of the box and find new ways to present information. Must be self-motivated and effectively work independently and on a team. Supervise the work of others. Will work closely with news management to continuously evolve our newscasts. Weekends, holidays and varied hours req. To Apply CLICK HERE
Maintenance Supervisor (Regular, Full-Time)
KCPQ/KZJO in Seattle, WA is hiring for maintenance supervisor. The candidate will be responsible for day to day repair and maintenance of KCPQ/KZJO on-air product, equipment, studio production systems, building maintenance, at Seattle FOX Studio.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directly leads and manages the day to day engineering team to maintain the stations highest quality of distributed broadcast signals.
- Responsible for daily engineering task loading assignments with engineering staff to meet the weekly engineering plan deadlines and project completion schedule.
- Proactive management style to propose solutions to resolve issues with the entire station operation, always with the culture of protecting the integrity of our on air products and station operation.
- Responsible for leading the facilities maintenance of the studio location.
- Provide the day to day organizational spreadsheets and tools to continuously track tasks, projects, equipment, materials and supplies for the department.
- Supervise the maintenance engineers to build a team that excels with every assignment and provide management oversight to create and maintain the highest levels of engineering standards.
- Displays an upbeat, positive enthusiasm for the television station and its respective employees
- Must meet all deadlines on or before the completion dates
- Reports directly to the Director of Technology
- Oversees maintenance of ancillary equipment and operations, including station site generator, electrical switchgear, and building systems, as well as the responsibility of the FCC closed captioning, emergency crawls, EAS tests and alerts, Text to Speech requirements, CALM Act (loudness), Amber Alerts, pop-ups and local or national cut-ins.
- Responsible to stock, materials, parts, and supplies required for proper maintenance of all systems and the facility.
- Responsible for ongoing training and education of maintenance engineers and to transfer knowledge to the employees to support raising the standards.
- Responsible to assist in strategizing and developing the three-year capital plan with the Director of Technology
- Coordinates with other departments for proper maintenance of station equipment and scheduling. Responsible for equipment history logging for repairs and maintenance.
- Oversees maintenance of Webcams and ENG/SNG vehicles.
- Respond to emergencies whenever needed.
- Demonstrates responsibility for any and all equipment issued by FOX.
- Maintain professional communication and behavior at all times.
- Work varied hours, holidays, weekends, early mornings, late evenings, and during severe weather situations as needed and/or scheduled.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assists Director of Technology during scheduled and non-scheduled hours.
- Ability to work non-schedule hours during breaking news or whenever an operational need arises for maintaining the highest quality of signals distributed by the station.
- Supervising maintenance engineering staff
College degree preferred. Minimum 3 years’ experience in television broadcast engineering or equivalent broadcast engineering knowledge and experience.
KCPQ/KZJO– Human Resources Director (Regular Fulltime)
Fox Television Stations is looking for an exceptional leader to perform all the duties of an HR Director. Responsibilities include performing all generalist duties for the Fox O&O duopoly in Seattle Washington, including but not limited to direct and manage the Stations’ employee relations and employment programs and initiatives, recruiting/applicant tracking, performance management and performance evaluation administration, FMLA, worker’s compensation, policy administration, and affirmative action compliance and monitoring. Knowledge and experience working with the OFCCP regulations, a plus. Candidate will work in concert with Station management and Corporate Human Resources to ensure that all employment regulatory requirements are met and adhere to all Company policies. Other duties as deemed appropriate and assigned. Position requires at least five (5) years HR Management experience, Bachelor’s degree in HR Management, Organizational Development or related discipline, or equivalent work experience. Required skill set includes effective written/verbal communications, creative problem solving and conflict management, and expert computer skills (applicant tracking, HRIS, JDE, PeopleSoft, Microsoft Office. Workday, a plus). This is a high volume and hands-on administrative position (reporting); no administrative support personnel for this position. Must have strong leadership skills and the ability to develop solid collaborative relationships with all levels of staff. Must be able to multi-task with excellent attention to detail, accuracy, and strong organizational skills and work efficiently under specific time constraints and maintain strict confidentiality. Discretion in handling confidential material and information is required. Weekends, holidays, OT and varied hours req. Must have, or be willing to obtain, a valid driver’s license and be able to drive. Local/national travel may be required. Cover letter, salary expectations and resume required. TO APPLY CLICK HERE
To apply for a specific open position, click the link following each posting or go to https://www.q13fox.com/jobs-at-q13-fox-and-joetv-seattle
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
KCPQ/KZJO IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER/M/F/Disabled/Veterans