As kids head back to school, either in person or online, Q13 News is Your Education Destination.
We are sharing information about how schools, students, and parents across Western Washington are dealing with the challenges of going back to school during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Watch our Town Hall with State Superintendent of Public Instruction Chris Reykdal:
Here are 3 things parents should do right now:
- Get the free Q13 FOX News App and turn on push notifications for breaking education news and alerts.
- Join the Your Education Destination group on Facebook to share story ideas and interact with Q13 News anchors and other families.
- Watch Q13 News on TV this summer and fall for stories about education and back-to-school in your community.
Q13 FOX will continue updating this page with the latest back-to-school information.
Below you will find links to the latest information on COVID-19 and your child's school district. Click on the interactive map to find the latest information from each district:
Check the latest education stories as seen on Q13 News:
- TOWN HALL: Parents with back-to-school questions get answers from Washington state's top educator
- Remote learning: What kids want parents to know and helpful advice
- Setting your child up for success with proper online learning stations
- Working parents consider childcare, alternative options to help kids with remote learning
- Some families turning to homeschooling in light of distance learning
- The unique challenge of being a teacher and a parent this fall
- Washington parents dealing with tough choices when it comes to education
- Parents in Tacoma overwhelmed by sample school day schedule
- Parents to Pierce County Health Director: 'Let our kids go to school!'
- Parents in Seattle can expect a more condensed school day when it comes to online learning
- A Seattle family's decision to go from private to public school
- Frustrated with remote learning, single mom of five decides to home school kids
- Experts say families need to evolve to meet challenges of online schooling
- Infection modeling suggests schools could reopen, but not without significant risk
- With fall sports postponed, one local organization looks to fill the gap for kids
- A generation of students reinventing how they learn and socialize
- Seattle Public Schools reveals scenarios for reopening this fall
- Tacoma Public Schools unveils 2 options for students in fall of 2020
- Puyallup teachers to report back to classrooms this fall
- Advocate encourages finding ways to reconnect vulnerable students with school community
- Parents of incoming kindergarteners weigh decision to enroll or not this fall
- Lawsuit filed against Washington state for 'denying basic education' to special needs children amid COVID-19
- Seattle schools officially go online this fall but some specifics remain elusive
- Most schools should go online-only and cancel sports, Inslee says