Two people burned after RV catches fire in Ballard

SEATTLE – Two people living inside an RV in Ballard escaped with just minor burns after the motorhome caught fire early Tuesday morning.

Investigators said the fire was likely sparked by a burning candling inside the RV.

The first 911 calls started coming in around 2:30 a.m.

Firefighters got the fire under control in 13 minutes once they arrived on scene.

Both people inside were able to get out, but did have to go to the hospital to minor burns on their hands.

The damage is estimated at roughly $5,000.