Suspect in double murder at Kent transient camp held on $4,000,000 bail

KING COUNTY -- Aug. 16th 

King County Prosecutors have charged Bradley Shaw with two counts of Murder in the First Degree in the shooting deaths of Louisa Campos and Robert Dias in August of 2016.

Detectives say Shaw was identified after calling an out of state friend and telling them he was panicked about police taking his DNA because he had a pending DUI case and was worried it would be used to match to evidence at the double murder.   According to probable cause documents, Shaw said he was drunk and cut in line in front of some people at a gas station. After one of them confronted him, he followed them back to their campsite and killed Campos before returning the next day and shooting Dias.

The Covington man is being held on $4,000,000 bail after detectives noted his escalating criminal behavior.  Shaw was arrested on Oct. 29, 2106 for Felony Harassment for threatening someone with an AR-14 rifle. He was arrested again on January 30, 2017 for DUI and had a .45 caliber semi-automatic handgun on him. Additionally, prosecutors argued he has access to three more pistols and detectives found evidence on his phone that he was planning to flee to Ireland to avoid extradition.


KENT, Wash.  -- One year to the weekend since 31-year-old Louisa Campos and 48-year-old Robert Dias were shot to death in a transient camp on back to back days, Kent Police made an arrest.

“Our investigators were able to corroborate information they received and were able to positively identify the male suspect, as a 30-year-old Covington resident. With mutual efforts with other law enforcement agencies, the suspect was taken into custody without incident, and he is currently at the King County Jail awaiting his first appearance” said Chief Ken Thomas.

Investigators have not yet named the suspect, as he has not officially been charged with the murders.

On August 12, 2016, at approximately 5:07 p.m., Kent patrol units responded to the camp in the area of 22200 block of 88th AV S after Campos had been shot.

At the time, reports indicated an unknown man came to the camp and was in a dispute with Campos before opening fire. The suspect fled the area and was not located.

On the day of, August 13, 2016, at about 2:40 p.m., Kent Patrol Officers were dispatched to a “suspicious circumstances” call at the same transient camp where Campos was discovered. Officers arrived to find 48-year-old Robert Dias had been shot. Dias was a witness to Campos’ homicide and detectives determined the same weapon was used in both shootings.

“Neither Louisa Campos or Robert Dias deserved to be murdered in such a cold blooded manner, I am so glad that their families at least have some peace,” said Detective Matt Lorette.  “The timing of everything coming together was truly unimaginable, its days like this that makes it all worth it” said Detective Melanie Robinson.