PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) — A Portland woman says she was grossed out when a seam on her 3-year-old daughter's stuffed toy split open, exposing an infestation of bugs inside.
Kamren Weiler told KATU the toy is filled with wheat and lavender and is intended to be microwaved for aromatherapy.
The Oregon Department of Agriculture says the wheat apparently attracted grain weevils.
Weiler says hundreds of them spilled out when she dumped out the contents of the stuffed animal.
Weevils are a pest that can infest a variety of foods but are not a direct threat to humans.
Information from: KATU-TV.