Report: 4 teenage boys charged with felony sex crimes after 2 girls allegedly raped at drinking party

EVERETT, Wash. -- Four teenage boys have been charged with felony sex crimes after two drunken girls were allegedly raped at a party during the summer, Snohomish County prosecutors say.

The Everett Herald reports that a 17-year-old boy is accused of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old girl in the back of his pickup truck and that a second girl, 16, was assaulted by three other teenage party-goers.

According to the Herald, deputy prosecutor Laura Twitchell recently charged the teens with indecent liberties, but the charging documents allege that the suspects engaged in sexual intercourse and committed the more serious crime of second-degree rape.

The teens have pleaded not guilty and were released on personal recognizance, the news site said.

County sheriff's deputies were called to a house party at about 1 a.m. July 19, 2014, after receiving a report that a girl had been sexually assaulted. While there, they learned that another girl had sexually assaulted, too.

The 15-year-old girl allegedly assaulted in the  pickup told investigators she had been drinking vodka and smoking marijuana at the party before she passed out. She said the boy accused of sexually assaulting her is an acquaintance but she didn't consent to sex.

A 16-year-old girl told police she was raped by three boys while they were in a tree house at the same party. Witnesses told police the girl was so drunk that she was incoherent, unable to dress herself or stand up. She had to be carried down from the three and driven to a hospital.

Of the three boys, one was 16 and two were 17 at the time. All three allegedly admitted that they had some form of sexual contact with the girl, a prosecutor wrote, according to the Herald. One boy reportedly admitted he took photos of the girl in the tree house.

Detectives learned that a video of the events in the treehouse may have been posted to Snapchat, a social media site that allows users to share but deletes images after a short time.

Police said the homeowners were not present at the time of the party and they are not expected to face criminal charges, the Herald reported.