Firefighter injured in Spokane apartment fire released from hospital

SEATTLE - A firefighter injured in a fire in Spokane on Wednesday was released from Harborview on Saturday afternoon.

The fire began in an apartment building. When firefighters got to the scene, they rushed in to help rescue those trapped.

Firefighter Chuck McKenzie sustained second degree burns to his shoulder, thigh and hand.

Two adults died in the fire.

Mckenzie will be staying with family in the Everett area while he recovers from his injuries.