Fire that burned 2 Mukilteo homes, 2 cars likely caused by battery charger, officials say

MUKILTEO, Wash. -- Two people were taken to the hospital Wednesday after fire damaged two homes in Mukilteo.

Firefighters were called to the 5600 block of 110th Place SW shortly before 3 p.m.

When crews arrived at the scene, they found one house was fully involved and a second home was starting to catch fire. A second alarm was called.


Mukilteo Fire Chief Chris Alexander says a man and a woman who live in the destroyed house were taken to a hospital. The man had burns to his hands, and both had suspected smoke inhalation.

Video from the scene showed flames shooting from one of the homes.

Smoke could be seen miles away. A photo showed at least two cars on fire in the home's driveway.

This is a developing story and will be updated. We'll also have the latest on Q13 FOX News at 4 & 5 p.m.