Cops: Missouri toddler dies from extreme heat while parents cook meth



ST. CHARLES, Mo. -- A toddler died of hyperthermia after being left alone in a room for 38 hours with a space heater running, police say.

KTVI reports that the child's mother, 22-year-old Kathleen M. Peacock discovered 2-year-old Braydon dead and ran to a neighbor's home for help in the Elm Point Mobile Home Village. The neighbor noticed that the room was extremely hot.

St. Charles police told the TV station that the child's parents were cooking methamphetamine at the time of Braydon's death.

They said the couple ignored the child's cries while they were on a weekend drug binge.

Peacock, and the child's father, 25-year-old Lucas R. Barnes face charges of child abuse and neglect and manufacturing meth.

Police said that Peacock is pregnant with another child.