CAUGHT ON CAMERA: Parents save children unable to get out of pool surging with electricity

WARNING: Some may find the surveillance video graphic

HIALEAH, Fla. -- It was a close call for a group of children playing in a swimming pool. Surveillance video shows the moments they were shocked by electricity.

Three minutes of video captured children unable to escape the pool when it becomes electrically charged. The incident happened last month and now Florida police are releasing the video to expose the danger.

ALSO: ‘Oh my god!’ Soldier comes home, surprises mom as a waiter (VIDEO)

One girl touches the hand rail, then suddenly freezes after feeling the jolt. A man pulls her out of the water and gets shocked himself.

Paramedics were able to resuscitate the girl on the way to the hospital.

People run to safety, but another girl appears paralyzed in the water.

"I was crying," said 10-year-old Diego. "I was in the pool, then the metal...the metal railing... I was swimming close to it, then I felt the shock."

Diego spent several days in the hospital.

MORE: Teen thrills entire high school with moonwalk moves (VIDEO)

A preliminary investigation pointed to unconnected ground wires in the pool pump house. Just last year, the pool passed a 40-year inspection. It also passed two health department inspections -- both with requirements that the pool be up to electrical code.

The pool remains closed and drained, and some doubt it will ever be crowded again.

™ & © 2014 Cable News Network, Inc., a Time Warner Company. All rights reserved.