Candle starts van fire that spread to storage units in Shoreline, firefighters say

SHORELINE, Wash. -- Firefighters say an unattended candle inside of a van caught fire and then spread to nearby storage units.

According to Shoreline firefighters, a candle was lit in the van overnight and caught fire shortly after noon Tuesday.

About five storage units in the 14900 block of Aurora Ave N were affected by the fire. Officials said two people were taken to the hospital to be evaluated for their injuries.