MECHANICSBURG, Pa. (AP) — A fire has destroyed a central Pennsylvania home where Poison lead singer Bret Michaels once lived as a child.
Upper Allen Township Fire Chief Jim Salter says firefighters had trouble battling the Mechanicsburg fire Wednesday afternoon because nearby fire hydrants were buried in snow. Mechanicsburg is about 8 miles southwest of Harrisburg, Pennsylvania's capital.
Five children and two adults were able to escape safely. Salter says one family member was taken to a hospital for an evaluation.
An official with Bret Michaels Entertainment tells The Sentinel of Carlisle (http://bit.ly/1NCnCzK ) that the home was one of the singer's childhood homes. He lived there between the ages of six and 17.
Firefighters say a cooking accident is thought to have ignited the blaze at the ranch-style home.
Information from: The Sentinel, http://www.cumberlink.com
Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.